sábado, 13 de março de 2010

He was lost, and is found

Luke 15:1-3 11-32 The Pharisees and the Scribes were very critical of all my activities, especially when I did not follow their customs as strictly as they expected me to. I was the perfect man, the Christ. There was something mysterious in me that they could not work out. I was the Son of God and the Redeemer and my message was everything that they needed to hear. But because of their pride they preferred to become my enemies, so in my mission as the merciful Savior of the world, I put before them the parable of the prodigal son.

What I am trying to illustrate is the reality of the life of men. I have created human beings with great love; they have become my children. It is very tragic to see how a man leaves me and turns away from good to end up living in sin, destroying his body and soul, corrupting himself and others and wasting the talents that I have given him.

He even complains about the divine providence failing him because he fails to see the damage he is doing to himself and neglects to understand the goodness of my generosity. I am your heavenly Father, the one who does not look so much to your sins but to my goodness and mercy. I desire to forgive sinners when they repent.

It is of course necessary that man abandon his evil conduct by repentance and start looking for the fountain of mercy that I have made available in my forgiveness. When someone is living in sin, he is dead to me. When he repents and comes back to me he is alive, I rejoice with his repentance, he is welcome back as my son.

For this reason I invite everyone to pray for sinners to repent so that they may also enjoy the benefits of my goodness. I am not a punitive God, I am the tender Father who has been abandoned by his children, my love is a fire burning constantly in my heart and I desire for all of you to be close to me.

Sem comentários: